Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all. (William Faulkner)
This week has been filled with moments of grace. I'm thankful for Friday Fave Five because it gives me a chance to share some of those moments.
1. A caring hospice staff ~ Hospice staff come to the house several days a week to tend to Aunt Ann. I'm so grateful to these compassionate and warmhearted people who are so devoted to this ministry. I've heard about how wonderful hospice people can be. It is an inspiration to witness firsthand.
2. George ~ I wrote about our granddog George in an earlier post. He's become a faithful companion to Aunt Ann. She enjoys his company and gentle, kind manner, and he in turn relishes her soft voice and rubs behind his hears. He mostly sleeps on his enormous bed in the living room near her, leaving only occasionally to go outside.
3. My three amazing nieces ~ Two live in the area, the third lives out of state. They've long been a source of support and encouragement for me. They are each pursuing their dreams and sharing their lives with me. Earlier this week, the three of them sent me a generous gift card to my favorite coffee shop with a note telling me, "take care of yourself!" I felt hugged:)
4. A helping hand -- Yesterday, Aunt Ann was determined to have her hair done. We went to my hairdresser and while walking in to the shop, she got a little off balance. A young man rushed to our aid. He tenderly took my aunt's arm with one hand and gently put his other arm around her, helping her up to the sidewalk. His lanky frame and tousled hair reminded me of my eldest son, and I teared up thanking him.
5. Dawn ~ My hairdresser is Dawn, and she took us for an appointment with just a day's notice. I love it when two people you've shared with one another just through conversation finally get to meet. They adored one another! and had so much to talk about. I left them for an hour to run some errands, and when I returned it was like they were old friends.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.