October made a grand entrance this week! The weather cooled off for the occasion, enough to require a sweater or light jacket. I had a pumpkin latte to mark the new month. Following are five more things that blessed my week.
1. Dan and I have been helping with Brooklynn and Bentley this week, picking them up from daycare and taking them home for supper. Everything is an event for 3 and 4 year olds. One night I made pancakes and decorated them with blueberries and bananas to make bear faces. Blueberries! Bananas!! they cried, clapping their hands. Another night we went to the park with happy meals, and every inch of the playground had to be explored and demonstrated. Last night, Dan picked them up by himself while I stayed home and got the spaghetti sauce and meatballs ready. That was a big change in routine. Where's Grandma??
We've loved it. We are tired. One more night to go.
2. This morning I worked in the yard, cleaning up a few more gardens, putting away the drip hoses, cleaning out pots. It was sunny and just a bit cool. Sweatshirt and jeans weather.
3. A much needed car wash and cleaning was crossed off my list this week. Just in time for the snow in the forecast next week;)
4. Chores can be a blessing, particularly paying bills and grocery shopping. When there is comfort in knowing that resources are there to accomplish what's needed.
5. On Sunday, Dan and I were invited for dinner at our friends' house. A spontaneous get-together. We had been trying all summer, but schedules just wouldn't line up. Burgers on the grill and a homemade triple berry pie, and toasts to good friends and the very last bit of summer.