This is going to be a short, but sweet, FFF. My friend Pamela is visiting for the weekend, and we are heading off for a day of exploring and then meeting up with Kathy for dinner.
1. I can't celebrate enough the beautiful weather we're having. With the exception of that little snow storm that came through a week or so ago, Mother Nature has blessed us with a lovely fall. Last weekend was the perfect day for our town's annual marathon. My niece ran in it, and Dan and I and my dad stood on the corner of our street to cheer her on, then headed over to the finish line to join my sister-in-law in cheering Brandi through.
Dad and Brandi
2. Our book club met on Wednesday to discuss Defending Jacob by William Landay. I have mixed feelings about the book, but boy it made for a great discussion! Love these ladies, and book club is one of the highlights of my month.
3. I got a GREAT deal at K*hl's with my "cash" and coupons this week. I bought one of my favorite labels that is always a little bit more than I like to spend, for a song!
4. Brunch with friends on Sunday. Friends that become family. One of life's treasures.
5. Dan and I keep our phones until they literally die or fall apart. Mine was so old, someone thought it was a new model. Well, Dan's phone broke (won't say which grandchild dropped it) and he really didn't want to go with the new larger models. So, he took my old one and I have a brand spankin' new one -- not the latest model, but just a generation below that. I'm loving the larger screen for my pictures AND the fact that when I dropped it in the toilet (clean water) I learned it is waterproof!
Happy Saturday all!