Wow, two posts in one day! I really wanted to try Five Minute Friday (see last post), but couldn't give up on Friday's Fave Five. So, who knows what the future will bring?
1. It's snowing!!! and I'm drinking hot chocolate and all is right with the world (sigh). The snow has been coming down all morning and looks no where near stopping, so the hot chocolate is flowing and I have books to read and cookies to bake for my hubby.
2. Yesterday, Dan worked from home -- something he's been able to do more of lately, which is really nice. It's like we're "practicing" for retirement. Someday. We went for a walk after lunch, and then I later in the day made a trip to Costco.
3. This may seem like small potatoes in some worlds, but I finally got a new reading lamp to put by my favorite chair. The floor lamp I was using has been returned to its rightful spot in the living room. I'm loving this wall lamp, because it has a three-way bulb and it doesn't get in the way of the little table where I put my coffee/tea/hot cocoa mug.
4. A recipe showed up just at the right time yesterday. I was over at my friend Dianna's blog, and she posted a recipe for pork chops and smashed potatoes. I had all the ingredients on hand, and whipped it up for supper. So good! If you haven't visited Dianna, I'm sure you would love her blog:)
5. I downloaded a book to my Kindle this morning, the first time I've done that in ages. It is a new for me/very old book, called If You Want to Write, by Brenda Ueland. Despite the title, it speaks to anyone with a creative spirit, being art, writing, sewing, anything at all, and I love it for the spiritual connection it talks about finding in creativity. On Kindle, it was only $1.24, so you can't beat the price.
Linking up with the Friday's Fave Five group at Susanne's today.