Friday, November 9, 2012
1. Having friends and family who share my love of quilting. My sister-in-law, Jenny, came to stay last weekend and we worked on our family quilts. On Monday, I met up with my friend Kristan at a quilt store, and we spent a couple of hours searching through fabrics and finding new treasures. It was a great way to spend a fall morning.
2. Cool museum exhibits. Dan and I celebrated my aunt's birthday with her by going to the Pompeii Exhibit at our local museum. It was fascinating. Room after room filled with artifacts from an affluent Roman society, including beautiful pieces of art and sculpture, as well as every day utensils and tools. Just as we felt we were getting to know these people, the exhibit abruptly changed, detailing the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius and how its destruction of Pompeii also preserved the very culture that it destroyed. It was sobering to say the least, how fleeting life can be.
3. And really cool performances. Dan, Joe and his friend Liz, and I went to Cirque du Soleil. Wow, it held me spellbound. The movement, the artistry of the human form. I really didn't know what to expect, but the show was far beyond anything I could imagine.
4. Modern Family, pizza and beer. Dan and I joke about how the show, "Modern Family" is our therapy! Laughter is such good medicine. One night this week, after a particularly frustrating day, we broke out a recently recorded episode and ordered a pizza, ate in our jammies and put the day's frustrations aside for just a while.
5. Some special people who have come into my life. Amazing how God will put the right people in your life, just when you need them. I can't say enough about how I am soooo grateful and thankful for their presence. God's plans are so spot-on.
If you have some favorites from this week, link up here!