Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Fall Into Reading
Katrina at Callapidder Days is hosting her seasonal reading challenge. The idea is to make a list of the books you plan to read this fall, list them in a post, and then in December follow up with a review of how you did. There's no pressure, very few rules. You can have a long list, a short list, you can even change your list. That's how I like to read, as the spirit moves me. Having said that, I do have a TBR (to be read) pile that seems to grow whenever I'm not looking at it. So, I'm going to choose a few books from the pile, throw in the upcoming books for my book club this fall, and join the challenge.
Here's my list:
1. Book of Bright Ideas, by Sandra King. This is the October selection for my book club.
2. The Beautiful Catastrophe of Wind, by Roger Theodoredis. The November selection for my book club.
3. East to the Dawn; the Life of Amelia Earhart, by Susan Butler. I want to read this in preparation for the movie that is coming out this fall. The copy I have was my mother's. She was fascinated by the Amelia Earhart story.
4. True Compass, Ted Kennedy's memoir. Biography is one of my favorite genres.
5. Am I Not a Man; The Dred Scott Story, by Utah State Attorney General Mark Shurtleff. This is a book of historical fiction and I'll be reviewing it for a Blog Tour in October.
6. Standing in the Rainbow, by Fannie Flag. On a lighter note, I've had this book for at least a year, maybe longer. Looking forward to another great story by Fannie Flag.
Since the challenge runs into December, I'm sure I'll add a Christmas story or two to my list. Thank you, Katrina, for organizing this!