1. It was a beautiful day today, the sky so blue and the air crisp, but warmed by the sun. I sat on the porch swing with Lilly and just breathed in the cool air, listened to the birds and the sounds of the neighborhood, and petted Lilly's soft ears. It was a lovely time experiencing the sacredness of an ordinary day.
2. This week, my aunt received a number of phone calls and letters from women she used to teach with years ago. I enjoyed hearing the stories they shared and learning more about that time in her life. After she retired, she moved from the east coast to Colorado to be near my dad (her brother) and the rest of the family. She volunteered at the school that my kids attended, teaching cursive writing. Teaching was her passion and the children loved her.
3. I've ordered some photo prints on line to update some of our framed family pictures. They arrived in the mail this week. It was nice to get some fun mail. It reminded me of the old days when I would get so excited to get the prints back from a roll of film and see my pictures for the first time.
4. The sunrise on Friday was spectacular.
5. I baked banana bread last week and we had it with our coffee in the afternoons. It was worth every calorie. I like to sprinkle the top with the big crystal brown sugar before I bake it. It comes out so sweet and crunchy on the top.
I hope you all had a nice weekend.